DIAGNOSTICS AND PHARMACY
An accurate assessment of your health is needed before surgery. The best way to avoid complications is to understand their potential in the first place. It is important to know because surgery increases cardiac stress, your heart will be thoroughly evaluated with:
- ECG: as apart of routine pre-operative investigation it is necessary for all cardio and non-cardiopathic patients.
- 2D Echo: Morbidly obese patients are at risk of cardiovascular events and their optimal assessment before
surgery is necessary. A transthoracic echocardiography was routinely performed in non-cardiopathic patients to rule out cardiovascular risk Two-Dimensional Echocardiogram (2D Echo) is a test in which ultrasound is used to picture out the heart. It is capable of displaying a cross sectional “slice” of the beating heart, including the chambers, valves and the major blood vessels that exit from the left and right part of the heart.
- TMT(STRESS TEST): The TMT involves exercising on a treadmill while you are closely monitored.
The test is used to:
- Determine your likelihood of having coronary artery disease
- Identify abnormal heart rhythms
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your cardiac treatment plan
- Help you develop a safe exercise program