About Dr. Tulip
Special Interest in:
- Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
- Training of surgeons in advanced and bariatric laparoscopy
- Development of Educational modules
- Medical Animation
Dr. Tulip, a well known and dynamic laparoscopic and bariatric surgeon completed her Masters degree in general surgery in the year 1996. In her pursuit of laparoscopy, she completed her fellowship in minimally invasive surgery in the year 2005. Her thirst for enhanced knowledge continued and Dr. Tulip studied Bariatric Surgery in early 2006 under the expert guidance of the renowned laparoscopic surgeon of international fame, Dr. M Ramesh. She then went on to improve her skills at Bariatric surgery in the United States under the leadership of Dr. Sayeed Ikramuddin, who heads a centre for excellence in Bariatric Surgery in the University of Minnesota. Presently she works with Vikram Hospital, Sagar Hospital and A.V Hospital in Bangalore and has been associated with Dr. M Ramesh in the Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery and Bariatric Surgery.
Her major endeavor is to reach out to the society and inculcate the thought “Prevention of Obesity is better than cure”. For those who have already crossed the boundary of obesity, Dr. Tulip ensures her dedicated care and expertise in the field of Bariatric surgery comes into play.
- She is the first lady Surgeon in the country to operate in an International Bariatric Surgery Workshop.
- Co- authored Video books for Digital learning on “100 ways of performing Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy”, Laparoscopic Hernia – The Good, Bad, and Ugly” and ‘Video book Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery” .
- She is involved in the research & development of a BEST Institute Bangalore Virtual reality laparoscopic simulator at the BEST Institute Bangalore.
- Faculty for Laparoscopic Bariatric training course since 2010
- Faculty for the bariatric fellowship programme through the Rajiv Gandhi University
- Performed various live surgeries in conferences and workshops