“ GOING FROM FAT TO FIT”
Exercise Is Crucial for Weight-Loss Success
- Exercise after gastric bypass surgery is critical for effective weight loss.
“When we lose weight rapidly, we lose muscle. Muscle gauges and controls our metabolism. Exercise is a safe and effective way of maintaining lean body mass, which maintains metabolism and will facilitate [healthy] weight loss.
- Exercise also shortens recovery time for bariatric surgery patients and reduces the risk of postsurgical complications
- We offer typical exercise program recommended to bariatric surgery patients.
- The exercises in class are prescribed and performed for various reasons including weight loss, strengthening muscles, improving the cardiovascular system and developing or maintaining physical skills like balance.
HIGHLY QUALIFIED AND CERTIFIED EXPERTS
Every person that is referred receives a detailed assessment on their first visit.
A senior physiotherapist evaluates the patient thoroughly and puts him/her on a exercise program which will be taken over by a physiotherapist cum certified Pilates instructor for further evaluation and a course of exercise program.
Pilates is a rigorous form of exercise which emphasizes core strength and improvement in posture. During the Bariatric surgery journey, it is important to take up a form of exercise that you feel committed and passionate about. When you’ve lost sufficient weight after bariatric surgery, more intense exercise such as Pilates will be easier for you to try. Pilates is an excellent form of physical fitness to help keep you in shape for long term weight loss surgery results.
Benefits of Pilates post Bariatric surgery include:
- Strengthen your back and abdominal muscles
- Improve your alignment and posture
- Develop muscle balance to help prevent injuries
- Increase your flexibility
- Improve your circulation
- Develop a long, lean and strong body
- Enjoy more energy
ITS NOT JUST A EXERCISE PROGRAM, ITS AN EDUCATION.
We just don’t exercise you, we educate you about your own body. Many conditions are managed by educating the patient about posture or ways to reduce strain on the body. Particularly relevant with work related problems.
Our physiotherapists are experts in prescribing the right exercises to resolve various problems. eg : low back pain, early arthritis, etc
DO NOT PUNISH YOURSELF AT GYM
Most of the people fight their bodies at gym after weight loss surgery or any other surgery, but gym is not the right place for you. You need an medical expert to guide.